(image generated through bighugelabs.com)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

OMG - a new post from Ted about blogging in HS

¡Hola! I have not blogged in over 2 years. This blog looks like ancient Greek writing. However... I taught a Tech class to high school freshment this spring semester. What an experience... One thing I had them do for the class was create their own blog. It turned out to be very interesting and useful. I think it was a win-win. Their blog posts were structured around assigned topics. Also we used Weebly instead of Blogger: www.weebly.com

A win for Ted:
- he got feedback from the students on various topics after we studied them
- he was able to use if for 'filler' assignments, when other homework did not seem as meaningful

A win for the students:
- they mostly seemed to enjoy doing it
- it allowed some creativity and flexibility
- they got feedback from me on spelling and grammar errors
- it seemed 'hip' and goes along with learning technology issues in the class

I will soon post here some links to good examples from the class - stay tuned!

Ted

No comments: